Thursday, April 28, 2011

The purpose of having a shoulder and elbow surgery blog

This blog is devoted in providing information to those who have an interest in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. I am a graduate of the Wake Forest University Orthopaedic Surgery Program (Winston Salem, NC).

My interest in shoulder and elbow surgery grew after having spend an extra year in training in Shoulder and Elbow surgery at the University of Washington in Seattle. Under the supervision of the world-renowned surgeon Dr Frederick Matsen 3rd I explored the world of shoulder and elbow surgery.

I hope that you will find this blog useful either as a patient or physician. Please do not hesitate to email me with questions or suggestions.

The background of this blog is a painting depicting Hippocrates Refusing the Gifts of Artaxerxes I (1792). Artist: Anne- Louis Girodet de Roussy-Trioson.





I decided to start with this picture which is a sketch of the original painting. The sketch that you see here was a source of inspiration for me to find the path to a successful result in informing you about the current advances in shoulder and elbow surgery.

Sincerely,

Anastasios Papadonikolakis, MD